5 Day Premium Bull Bison and Buck Mule Deer Mgt Hunts for one Hunter on the Vermejo Park Ranch
About the Event
5 Day Bull Bison and Mule Deer Management Hunts on Vermejo Park Ranch for 1 hunter
Dates: October 23 thru October 27, 2021 Check in October 22 Check Out October 28, 2021
Weapon: Any Legal Weapon
This Hunt Package is for 1 hunter, 1 on 1 fully guided service. Includes meals, lodging, and license fees for 5-day hunt, 6-night stay. Hunts will be by vehicle, traditional Spot and Stalk. Both Bull Bison (3-year-old Bulls) and Buck Mule Deer to be taken are at the Guide’s discretion; only bison and mule deer that guides designate can be harvested and are included in this Hunt Package. Hunt also includes basic meat processing by Cinnamon Creek Wild Game Processing of Ft. Worth. Hunt Package does NOT include customary gratuities for guide staff, alcohol purchases on property, or store purchases on property.
ABOUT: Vermejo Park Ranch is a deluxe guest ranch nestled on approximately 550,000 acres in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of northern New Mexico and southern Colorado. The property consists of diverse terrain ranging from short-grass prairie to alpine tundra mountains at 13,000 feet. Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations, including large herds of elk, deer, pronghorn antelope and bison, as well as mountain lions and Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep. The ranch is also home to a variety of birds, with over 180 species catalogued on the ranch, including Merriam’s turkey, bald and golden eagles and red-tailed hawks.
HUNTS*: Vermejo Park Ranch provides abundant mature animals, low hunter density and expansive habitat. The sport harvest of game by guests provides an economic benefit to the ranch and helps maintain balanced and viable populations of elk, deer, pronghorn and other wildlife within a sustainable habitat.
MANAGEMENT MULE DEER
• Vermejo’s defines a management mule deer as:
· any older, mature buck without a G-3 or G-4 point (does not include younger bucks who may not have developed a full antler configuration or large non-typical bucks);
· Any deer still in velvet after October 1 is a management buck.
· Deer with broken points are not management bucks.
· Ultimately, it’s up to your Vermejo guide to determine whether a buck qualifies as a “management buck.”
There are no fences on the Vermejo, thus the bison are Free Roaming and may be on any part of the ranch depending on conditions. The hunt can be challenging at times due to the free ranging nature of the Bison.
If you are successful early in your hunt, then stay the entirety of the 5 days included in this hunt package and take in all the sights the ranch has to offer. Tours and or Fishing can be arranged by staff for the customary fees offered by the ranch. View the abundant wildlife on the ranch, the mule deer, turkey and other wildlife; with an estimated elk herd in the thousands, you’re sure to see numerous large bull elk as well.
** Spouses, family members and friends are encouraged to accompany hunters as guests during their stay. A flat rate of $3,000 for a 5-day hunt will be charged for each non-hunting guest sharing a room with a hunting guest (except for youth who share a room with a parent hunter). Guests who accompany a hunter and require a separate room are subject to regular rates.
General Terms and Conditions
· Hunt packages on Vermejo Park Ranch are considered “booked” when a Hunt agreement is signed by winner and reservations are on file with our Reservations Desk.
· Winner must contact Vermejo Hunt Manager as soon as possible after receiving confirmation they have won the hunt to ensure booking.
· Dates and rates are subject to change; however, the agreement at the time of booking will be honored if a reservation has been secured.
· This hunt may not be re-sold, transferred, assigned to another party, or rolled over to a subsequent year without the express written permission from the Vermejo Hunt Manager and the DALLAS SAFARI CLUB NEW MEXICO.
· Late arrivals or early departures are subject to the full booking terms. No refunds or discounts are offered.
· Exceptions to these policies are made at the sole discretion of Vermejo management on a case by case basis.
Meat Processing and Taxidermy
A custom meat processor (Cinnamon Creek Wild Game Processing of Ft. Worth, TX) will be on -site during the Bison/Mule Deer Hunt. They will skin/cape and offer basic processing of your animal as part of your hunt.
Basic processing includes steaks, roasts, stew meat and hamburger. If you would like for them to process and ship your game meat and/or ship your hide and antlers they can do so for an additional fee paid to the processor. They can also arrange to have your taxidermy work done at Alpine Taxidermy (Ft. Worth, TX).
· Full accommodations and meals for 6-nights, 5-days
· New Mexico State License fees
· Transportation while hunting
· Field care, gutting and skinning
· Basic meat processing IS included in the hunt fee.
· Full guide service
· Selected amenities available at the time of your stay.
· Alcoholic beverages
· Gift shop purchases
· Additional Travel Expenses to the ranch
· Lodging or meals prior to arrival or after departure to the Ranch
· Customary Gratuities to guide staff
Kyle Jackson | Vermejo Hunt Manager
Front Desk: 575.445.2059
· DSCNM would like to Thank Vermejo Park Ranch for MAKING THIS DREAM Hunt Available.
· ** Please note that this Hunt may not be sold, transferred, or assigned to another party without the express written permission of Vermejo Park Ranch and the DALLAS SAFARI CLUB NEW MEXICO.
- Sold OutVermejo Mgt Bison & Deer Hunt$125$1250$0